My little dog,
a heartbeat at my feet.
Using the Wharton quote while I can, because she’s not going to stay a little dog for long.
That’s a 25% increase in body weight in just two weeks!
Who wants to place bets on how heavy she’ll be weighing in, at 12 weeks old?
Other random things:
- She’s gone from needing to be walked every 90 minutes to every couple of hours, and she can make it from my bedtime at 12:30am to wakeup at 5:45am. That seems like it sucks but it’s SO MUCH BETTER than those first few days.
- I think she brought a couple of fleas with her. I went to Petco and most all of the flea baths said they were not appropriate for dogs under 6 months old (and carried a huge number of scary warnings). There was an herbal choice that was for pups over 12 weeks old. Do I wait a few weeks and hope for the best? Is just a mild bath and thorough fleacomb sufficient? I really really don’t want a flea infestation.
- I bought some toys and things from Petco’s eco line, all of which was on clearance. Which was good for me, but why? Is it being moved for a new eco line or was it not selling?
- I feel dumb buying toys for a dog, particularly stuffed animals.
- Saint Bernard-sized beds are really expensive. I paid less for my first mattress set.
- I want to find green pet supplies that aren’t necessarily Petco brand; small companies, local, etc. Know of any offhand?
How much longer until those puppy teeth come out? Those buggers are like tiny razors!!
We’re adjusting nicely, she’s a good dog, but I can’t wait until I feel comfortable leaving her alone for a few hours at a time. I’m going a bit stir crazy.
Good pup. Good Karma.