Congrats to comment #135, Amy @ A Little Nosh, whose number was selected by random.org. She’ll be receiving a Summer in a Box!
Thanks to everyone that entered.
Man. Talk about the dog days of summer.
It’s HOT and the weathermen are bandying about names for the current extended heatwave, à la the Snowpocalyse (current contenders include “TempeRapture,” “Saunathon” and “Sweat Ceiling”).
Rather than dwell on the fact that it feels like I’m living inside a pizza oven, and that my pores are producing enough oil to fuel a small car, I’m hosting a little “beat the heat” giveaway thanks to the folks at Stonyfield!
Stonyfield has a new sweet treat: organic frozen yogurt bars. They’re the first dark chocolate dipped frozen yogurt bars on the market and made with certified organic ingredients, meaning they’re produced without toxic pesticides, growth hormones, antibiotics or anything else that’s harmful to you, your kids, or the environment.
Plus, each bar only has 170 calories, if you keep track of that sort of thing.
My feeling is that when it’s so hot all you wanna do is hang in the hammock and sip lemonade all day, you deserve a few indulgences.
This Summer in a Box giveaway includes:
- Two coupons for Stonyfield Frozen Yogurt Bars in two delicious flavors: Gotta Have Vanilla, and After Dark Chocolate. These bars are made with organic milk and dipped in rich dark chocolate. They contain four live and active cultures for healthy and tasty goodness.
- Badger After-Sun Balm, a certified organic treat for sun-parched skin. It’s made with moisturizing plant butters and infused with Blue Tansy and Lavender to smooth skin and leave you feeling calm.
- Dr. Hauschka Melissa Day Cream, a new 100% natural moisturizer that “calms, balances, and manages shine”: perfect for combination skin. Formulated with extracts of melissa (lemon balm), it smells like fresh squeezed lemonade. Extracts of anthyllis, carrot, witch hazel and English daisy soothe, soften and even so shine is controlled while skin is moisturized.
- Coupon for Uncle Matt’s Organic Lemonade and Juices, perfect for hammock sipping. By buying Uncle Matt’s fresh fruit and juice you’re helping more than 20 small growers that make up their family of farms. That’s one of the reasons they’re proud to be family owned and organically grown.
- Tom’s of Maine Triple Whammy:
- Simply White, the first and only clinically proven natural whitening toothpaste to earn an ADA seal.
- A Daily Moisture Body Bar; its ultra-rich formula that contains premium moisturizing olive oil and natural vitamin E.
- Beautiful Earth Deodorant is aluminum-free and PG-free. Odor fighting hops and odor trapping zinc salts work to inhibit the growth of odor-causing bacteria, and the natural fragrance helps mask BO.
I received a Summer in a Box myself to review (pictured below) and I’ll post my reviews tomorrow. For now, I’ll just say that the box smells freaking delicious.
Leave a comment telling me what organic means to you, or how you’re incorporating organic choices into your summer.
For an extra entry:
Follow me on Twitter (@robinelton) and leave me a comment letting me know you’re a follower. If you already follow just let me know that!
For a 3rd entry:
Tweet out this giveaway, just make sure to include the link and @robinelton. Leave me the URL for the tweet in a separate comment 🙂
Good luck! Keep cool!
This giveaway will close at noon on July 26th and the winner notified by the email given on the comment form. Winner has 24 hours to reply with US mailing address or new winner will be chosen.