A recent Harris poll found that 53% of those surveyed said they have taken steps to “green their life”- although what that meant varied wildly.
34% of those who had not, claimed it was because they “did not know what to do”.
29% said it was because they didn’t think changing their lifestyle would have any significant impact on the environment.
What one thing can you do this weekend to make a difference? Educate someone.
- Talk about the things you do to tread lightly.
- Let them know how it makes you feel.
- Mention how it saves you money, simplifies your life.
- Recall the first steps you made, and the steps they led to.
- Voice your concerns, articulate your hopes.
Everyone has an impact, for better or for worse. This weekend, maximize your impact on the ideals of others. Be an inspiration.
There are still people waiting to be told what to do. Let’s help them out.