The earth is what we all have in common.
Those of you who have been reading here from the start— and god bless ya, every one— know that my kickstart moment to “going green” happened when we moved into this house and our second spring, I didn’t hear the calls of the peepers.
I was reasonably sure that we’d poisoned our small vernal pool by continually washing our cars right by and allowing the runoff to pollute it. That revelation of the cause-and-effect relationship we have with our little personal ecosystem opened my eyes to what, exactly, is in our cleansers and shampoos and everything else that goes into our water, and spiraled into a wider knowledge and effort to conserve our regional and global ecosystems.
I’ve worked, step by small step, trying to make every corner of our lives a little more responsible. Here’s a small sampling of easy ways we’ve worked to go green as a family:
It’s all about REDUCE. Buy things if you must, but only if they reduce waste overall. REDUCE stress, mess, clutter and anxiety by reducing the amount of STUFF you let enter your life. It’s the easiest way to become eco-responsible.
BTW… I never washed my car again.
Until I received a package from Washdrops. Washdrops Wash & Shine solution is:
- eco and convenient
- solvent-free, butyl free, phosphate free, ammonia free
- completely non-hazardous; you can even dispose of Washdrops on a lawn or flowerbed
- effective. My car is clean. My car that has washed by only rainwater for the last 6 years, much to the despair of my brother and husband.
Best of all, one fluid ounce of product and one gallon of water in a bucket is all you need. No hose, no water waste.
Did it pass the “Robin gets hives” test? It sure did. My hands aren’t even dry after spending half an hour soaping the car up. I felt perfectly fine letting the kids help out, even Jake with his eczema and resulting rashed skin.
TWO WAYS TO WIN:
1. Washdrops is currently holding an Earth Day Sweepstakes on their Facebook page for a prize pack of products— you just need to let them know what your GREEN RESOLUTION is for Earth Day. Go forth and enter here.
2. Enter here!
Washdrops is offering a prize pack to one lucky reader, which includes:
1) Washdrops 16 Washes & Shines 16 oz. bottle
2) Washdrops 4 Washes & Shines 4 oz. bottle
3) Large Waffle Weave Drying Towel (this is awesome)
4) Microfiber 2 in 1 Chenille / Bug Scrubber Sponge (kid’s favorite, looks like a germ or one of those dogs who resemble mops)
5) Long Handle, Hub Cap brush (this may or may not have been stolen by my husband to powerwash our house)
6) Microfiber towels 3-pack
7) 3-Gallon bucket
To enter just follow the instructions on the Rafflecopter widget below. You can enter once or many times depending on how you roll 🙂
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Good luck! Happy Earth Day.
Disclosure: I received a Washdrops package for review purposes and was compensated for my time creating an Earth Day video. All opinions are my own.